Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

For Valentine's Day 2011, my hubby decided to blow me away... lol  He drove all the way from WY late Friday night & arrived at 2am on Saturday.  We slept in, then ran errands in town... had a nice lunch date @ our favorite Chinese restaurant and decided to tool around town for the afternoon.  We decided to go look at the new KIA Optimas (sedan) at the dealership because we liked the look of them on the commercials.  We wanted to see if they were as cool in reality as on t.v. lol  We really loved our '07 Sportage that we got last May and wanted to see what other cars KIA was coming out with.  KIA has been around for years now, but just in the past few years have finally come out with some really nice cars.


We also checked out the newest KIA Sportages... just to see what changes had been made since 2007.  They are SO cool! They had about 20 of them sitting in the lot.  So Shane totally surprises me by agreeing to go in w/the sales person & see what it'll cost to drive home w/one of these new Sportages.  WHAT??!! After a lengthy negotiating process, the sales gal comes back & says her manager said "You win" and agreed to the terms SHANE wanted. lol I was in shock as I drove the truck home to bring back our cute little '07 Sportage because we were trading it in.  Shane stayed to finish up paperwork.  By the time I returned, he was done... the sales person handed me the keys... I expected Shane to drive it home (he always drives lol) but he got into the passenger side and said, "it's your car - YOU can drive it home... Happy Valentine's Day".  =)  WHAT??!! lol 


So I am the proud owner of a brand spanking new, 5 miles on the odometer, Mineral Silver, 2011 KIA Sportage AWD!! It is my VERY FIRST brand new (not a new-to-me/previously owned) vehicle!! I am sooooo EXCITED!!! I LOVE IT!! But of course, I love my hubby even more!!!  


On a funny ha-ha note... The finance guy asked Shane what this car would be used for.  Shane said, "it's to tote the kids around occasionally - but mainly it's to keep my wife out of my new truck!" =)  The '07 Sportage was only FWD, so in bad weather the truck was the best option to drive... now with AWD, I can cruise in style & be safe!!





No comments:

Post a Comment