~ A glimpse into the life of our Southern Colorado family~
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Hot Fun in the Summer...
Today I went out to check on the horses... & get a little riding in. :) It started out@ 70 degrees when I left the house - & ended up close to 90! All the horses got their treats... Sandman & I went for a short little ride. Very short. lol He decided he didn't want to leave the comfort of the herd - so we had a little go around for a bit. After I decided we were both stubborn, I hopped out of the saddle & took him by the lead rope & we walked... & walked. The only way he could return to the herd was when I was good & ready to take him back. So needless to say, we both got our exercise in the hot sun! lol
One of Doc's horses
Riley
Casper & Sandman
Sandman - after our little walk/ride
C is for Cookie & Cookie is for me!
And apparently, since running around with the horses in the blazing September sunshine wasn't hot enough... I came home & made these tasty little morsels - Butter Toffee cookies. Yum! Wish my hubby were here to devour them like he always does with my cookies...
No comments:
Post a Comment